Content strategy is the way to get found on the web today and many people seem to forget this or they simply ignore SEO along the way. Below are 5 best practices to make sure on your the right track.
- Create content that people will have an incentive to share.
- Do keyword research, so you don’t waste effort writing about things people don’t care about.
- Put all your content on the same domain/subdomain. (e.g. don’t use blog.mysite.com, use mysite.com/blog)
- Stand for something, and write about it. People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- Don’t separate your brand from your content. For instance, casino sites that make fascinating infographics about animal rights aren’t going to last long.
Things have definitely changed in the SEO world since 2002 through 2012, as seen below:
Creating content for YOUR audience, writing interesting sharable blogs and interacting with your audience will guarantee success on your site.
“Delivering an exceptional experience and building a true web brand are now essential to long-term SEO success”.
Content production is still the number one way to succeed on the web today and in the future but don’t forget to do your SEO research!
Image via SEOMoz.org & Mashable.com